Fire TVs are notorious for being stuck on the loading screen, especially on the Fire TV logo. This issue is notably rampant for Toshiba Fire TVs.
Even though the issue can be attributed as a consequence of a temporary system glitch, Amazon recommends that users wait for at least 25 minutes before moving onto dire measures.
And if you still can't get over this issue, read this comprehensive guide on how to fix a Toshiba Fire TV that is stuck on the loading screen.
If your Toshiba Fire TV is stuck on the loading screen, check all connected cables and power cycle the Toshiba Fire TV. Check for any network issues and restart the Modem/Router. Next, deregister and re-register your device with Amazon. If the issue persists, factory reset the Fire TV.
Keep reading this article for more information on why this happens on your Toshiba Fire TV and what you can do to fix the issue.
Check Fire TV Cables
Proper power delivery to the Toshiba Fire TV is crucial for the device to function optimally.
If you are facing freezing or green screen issues on Toshiba Fire TV, it could be that the device is not receiving enough power supply from the power adapter.
Amazon recommends that users use power accessories, i.e, cables and adapters, that come with the Fire TV. Using third-party accessories could lead to issues.
If you are forced to use third-party power accessories, make sure that they have similar wattage and voltage rating as the original power adapter.
Also, check for damages on the cable. Replace them ASAP if you find any abnormalities. Damaged cables can also induce several other issues on your TV such as screen flickering on Toshiba Fire TV.
In the case of Firesticks, always plug the power adapter into a wall outlet or power strip instead of powering the Firestick directly from your TV's USB port.
It is also recommended to use the HDMI extender included in the device packaging. The extender keeps the Fire TV Stick away from the TV and as result can achieve a much lesser overall temperature.
Having a faulty HDMI port could also lead to your Fire TV freezing on the Amazon/Fire TV logo. So make sure you try plugging into different HDMI ports.
Additionally, you should also check if you are using a high-speed HDMI cable. If you are having a 4K Ultra HD TV, you should have a high-speed HDMI cable employed.
Failing to do so can lead to HDMI issues on Toshiba Fire TV.
Power Cycle Toshiba Fire TV
Power cycling your Toshiba Fire TV resets your device and reinitializes the configuration of your Fire TV.
Doing so also helps your Fire TV to cool down, especially after prolonged usage. So it is important that you let your Fire TV cool for 10 to 30 minutes before powering it back on again.
Power cycling the TV may also come in handy for issues like Toshiba Fire TV not finding cable channels.
To power cycle your Toshiba Fire TV, follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the 'Select' and 'Play/Pause' buttons together at the same time for five seconds.
Alternatively, you can disconnect the power cord from the back of the device or the power outlet and plug the device back in after a few seconds.
Let the Fire TV power back up and wait for it to reinitialize. When you disconnect the power cable from the Fire TV, make sure you also unplug the HDMI cables.
Let the device be idle for at least 5 minutes in the unplugged state before you connect it.
You could also reboot Toshiba Fire TV from the system interface. To do so, go to Settings> Device> Fire TV> Restart.
Check for Network Issues
If you have a weak internet connection, that could also lead to your Fire TV running into a frozen screen.
The network troubles you face could also be a temporary issue that you can clear up with some checks.
You can simply connect another device to your Wi-Fi network to check how well the network performs.
Additionally, you also need to make sure to choose the 2.4 GHz band.
You can log in to your router or Wi-Fi settings and change the Wi-Fi wireless connecting frequency from 5 GHz to 2.4 GHz.
Switching the network bands may prove to be helpful since either band host a few inherent shortcomings. The 2.4 GHz band comes up short in case of speed while the 5 GHz band fails to boast a wider coverage range.
If you find that your Wi-Fi network is performing poorly, the first order of business is to power cycle your router/modem.
Restarting the Router happens to also be a potent fix for network issues on Toshiba Fire TV.
To power cycle your router/modem, follow the steps below:
- Unplug the power cables plugged into your router or modem. If there is a dedicated power button on your router or modem, press this button.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds, and then reconnect the cables or switch your router/modem back on.
- Let the router reinitialize. Wait for the lights to blink and for Wi-Fi to become available.
- Now, turn on your Toshiba Fire TV and check if your issue has been resolved.
Deregister Toshiba Fire TV on Amazon
Another tried and tested fix is to deregister your Toshiba Fire TV from Amazon and reregister it back on Amazon.
In implementing such an account refresh, you no longer have to worry about issues stemming from this part of the deal.
To deregister your Toshiba Fire TV on Amazon, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Amazon website.
- Log in with your username and password. The account should be the same as the one Toshiba Fire TV is registered on.
- Navigate to the 'Registered Devices' section and click on the option to deregister the Toshiba Fire TV.
- A pop-up will arrive asking you if you would like to de-register the device. Confirm by clicking on 'Deregister'.
The next step is to register your Toshiba Fire TV back onto your Amazon account. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Amazon website.
- Log in to your account by entering the username and password of the account on which you want to register the device.
- Navigate to 'Registered Devices' and click on the option 'Register Your Device'.
- Here, you have to find the specific device you wish to register.
- Follow the onscreen prompts.
- Now, confirm your choice to register your Toshiba Fire TV on your Amazon account.
Factory Reset Toshiba Fire TV
If you have executed all of the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above and were not successful in resolving the freezing issue, try factory resetting the Toshiba Fire TV.
A factory reset will erase all downloaded content and personalized settings on your Fire TV. You will have to set up the device as you initially did after purchasing it.
To factory reset your device, follow the steps below:
- Open 'Settings' from the Fire TV menu.
- Navigate to 'My Fire TV' or 'Device & Software' and scroll to the bottom of the list.
- Select 'Reset to Factory Defaults'.
- A pop-up will ask you to confirm your choice to factory reset, tap on 'reset' to confirm.
You can also initiate a factory reset using the Fire TV remote if you have trouble accessing the Fire TV menu.
Follow the steps below to do so:
- Press and hold 'Back' and 'right side of the navigation circle' together for at least 10 seconds.
- On the Fire TV screen, you will have the option to continue or cancel the factory reset. Keep in mind that if you do not make a selection, the device will automatically reset.
Many Fire TV users complain of the freezing issue, yet there has not been an absolute measure for this issue from Amazon.
Clearing unused apps and content from your Fire TV could also help prevent your Fire TV from freezing on boot up. These devices usually require a bit of storage space to operate well.
If you are unable to restore functionality even after a factory reset, you should contact Amazon support for further instructions.
Keep an account of all the troubleshooting steps you have already executed as the Amazon support staff will probably ask you to do the same.
Hope the solutions in this article have helped you restore functionality to your Toshiba Fire TV.
Have a good day!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why Is My Toshiba TV Screen Turning Black?
This usually happens when the backlight control is set to 'Auto Brightness Adjust' and the room where the Toshiba TV is kept is really bright. You can turn the backlight down to 80% to offset this phenomenon. To do this, press and hold the home button until the menu screen pops up.
Does Toshiba TV Have a Reset Button?
You can reset your Toshiba Fire TV using the power button. From the off state, press and hold the power button until you see the Fire TV logo on the TV screen. Now, let go of the power button and follow the instructions on the screen. Press and release the power button quickly to scroll through the options until you have highlighted the factory reset.
How Do I Manually Restart My TV?
To manually restart your TV, you can simply unplug the power cord from the outlet. Let the TV remain without power for at least 2 minutes and then plug the power cord back into the outlet.
You May Also Enjoy Reading
- Toshiba Fire TV Black Screen Issue: How To Fix 
- How To Change Resolution On Toshiba Fire TV 
- Toshiba Fire TV Won’t Turn On: How to Fix 
- Toshiba Fire TV Sound Problems: How To Fix 
- Toshiba Fire TV Apps Not Working: How to Fix 
- Toshiba Fire TV Color Problems: How to Fix