Nanoleaf smart lighting solutions are just brilliant, they enhance the overall aesthetic of your premise quite nicely. But what good is it if it won't turn ON?
Upon realizing that a lot of users are facing this issue, I decided to compile all the solutions that I found into this article to help the Nanoleaf community.
If your Nanoleaf won't turn on, check the power supply and power cycle the Nanoleaf Panels and Controller. Next, check for firmware updates for both the Nanoleaf device and the app. If the issue persists, hard reset your Nanoleaf device. If these don't work, contact Nanoleaf support.
Keep reading for detailed troubleshooting steps on how to fix your Nanoleaf that is not turning on.
Check the Power Supply
If your Nanoleaf is not turning on, the first check you need to do is to check the power source.
There is a reasonably high chance that your lights are not turning on because of issues with power delivery.
Nanoleaf panels are powered by the use of small linkers. These linkers are used to snap panels together to create a circuit that is powered by a control box plugged into the main.
Such architecture is what enables Nanoleaf to have a variety of different patterns of all shapes and sizes.
Switch the Power Outlet
One of the reasons for a faulty power supply is the outlet to which you have connected your Nanoleaf device. If that's the case, better switch the outlet to another one.
Make sure you try connecting a different device beforehand so that you know the outlet is working just fine.
You can also check for loose or faulty connections in the cables. If you notice such issues, try replacing the cable in question.
Power Cycle/Soft Reset Nanoleaf Panels and Controller
A power cycle is a great way to reinitialize your Nanoleaf panels. A power cycle retains all information stored in your device while, at the same time, resetting your device.
If you have saved Scenes in your Nanoleaf panels, these will remain untouched and can be accessed after the power cycle is complete.
Refreshing your Nanoleaf device happens to also be an effective fix for issues like Nanoleaf not connecting to Homekit.
To power cycle your Nanolead panels, follow the steps given below:
- Press and hold the power and brighten buttons together on the Controller for 15 seconds.
- Once the status LED starts flashing, let go of these two buttons.
- Wait for the Power button LED to stay on and remain steady.
- Now, on the Nanoleaf App, delete the device. Now re-pair it with the App again.
You have successfully power cycled your Nanoleaf panels. Check if your issue has been resolved.
Additionally, you can also power cycle your Nanoleaf controller to restore functionality to the panels.
To power cycle the Nanoleaf controller, follow the steps given below:
- Press and hold the Power and + buttons for at least 10 seconds.
- The LEDs on the controller should start to flash rapidly.
- Now, let go of the two buttons and after a few seconds, the power button LED will remain on and steady.
- Delete your Device from the Nanoleaf App and pair them again.
Check if the power cycle has fixed the issue with your Nanoleaf.
Check and Update the Firmware
You could be running an older firmware on your Nanoleaf that is preventing the device from functioning optimally.
Patches and updates are released for Nanoleaf when users report bugs and issues. These patches usually directly address bugs faced by issues and flaws in the system.
You can check for firmware updates using the Nanoleaf App. For instructions, check below:
1. Open the Nanoleaf App and navigate to More.
2. Tap on Firmware Updates.
3. If an update is available, the indicator will change and you will be able to click on Update.
4. Once the update is complete, let the accessory remain idle for 1-2 minutes.
Check if the firmware update has resolved the issue with Nanoleaf panels.
Additionally, you may also want to check and update the Nanoleaf app firmware. Outdated app firmware is a leading cause of issues such as the Nanoleaf accessory not found error. Open the Play Store/App Store to check and update the app.
Hard Reset Nanoleaf
A hard Reset or a factory reset is a lot more comprehensive than a power cycle or soft reset of your Nanoleaf.
Doing so will reset your Nanoleaf device to factory settings. That means all saved Scenes will be lost upon hard resetting. Additionally, Wi-Fi settings and pairing information will also be erased.
However, you can restore Scenes as long as your panels are updated to Firmware 3.1.0 or later. Your Nanoleaf App should also be updated to version 3.4 or later on iOS and Android.
To execute a hard reset of your Nanoleaf light, follow the steps below:
- Unplug your Device from the power source.
- Press and hold the power and brighten (Dim on Shapes) buttons together. While they are held, plug the device back into the power source.
- Keep these buttons pressed till the LEDs on the controller turn on.
- Once the LEDs are turned on, let go of the buttons immediately. The LEDs should now flash to indicate that the hard reset process is underway.
- Wait for at least 2 minutes for the reboot to take place.
- Once the power button LED turns on, the device is ready to be set up. The panels should now be cycling through different colors.
Factory resetting happens to also be a sure-shot fix for issues such as Nanoleaf keeps disconnecting issue.
How to Recover Scenes After Hard Resetting
Once you have successfully factory reset your Nanoleaf device, you can proceed to restore your Scenes.
To restore your saved Scenes, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Nanoleaf App and log in to your Nanoleaf Account.
- In the Dashboard tab, select the Settings icon.
- Under System, navigate to find Backup And Restore. Make sure that Device Sync is enabled.
- Select Restore From Backup and Restore.
You should now be able to access the Scenes that you had prior to the factory reset.
Contact Nanoleaf Customer Service
If you have not yet solved the issue with your Nanoleaf panels after going through all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above, the next step is to contact Nanoleaf Customer Services.
Nanoleaf releases updates and patches upon getting feedback from users on bugs and flaws in their devices and software.
Make sure that you raise a ticket with Nanoleaf customer services if the issue you are facing is unresolved even after trying the solutions mentioned above.
Take note of all troubleshooting methods you have attempted so that you can communicate the same to the Nanoleaf staff.
Nanoleaf is an awesome lighting solution with customizable panels and aesthetically pleasing designs.
However, hardware issues can be seldom dealt with by Do-It-Yourself troubleshooting. If you feel that any of the components like the controller is broken, the best solution is to replace it.
Nanoleaf customer care can authoritatively identify the component that is likely damaged if the issue is hardware related.
Make sure you contact them for further assistance in solving this issue.
Hope the solutions in this article have restored your Nanoleaf screens to their former glory.
Have a great day.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why is only one Nanoleaf working?
A single panel showing white light indicates that the panel has not been properly detected in the layout. Unplug the Nanoleaf controller from the wall outlet and plug it back into the power source.
How long is the Nanoleaf warranty?
Nanoleaf offers a limited warranty for a period of two years. During this period, complimentary replacement of defective hardware is offered by the company. Nanoleaf assumes product operation of 6 hours a day for 7 days a week during this period.
What is Error Code 4 Nanoleaf?
Error codes 01 and 04 are related to errors in connectivity between the phone, Canvas, and the Wi-Fi network. Try powering your phone off and turning it on to resolve these errors.