Wyze Plug is compatible with Alexa, Google, and IFTTT integration which allows for voice control over all devices plugged in via Wyze Plug.
The vacation mode feature is what I love the most on my Wyze Plug as it makes it look like someone is home even when I'm not.
But just recently, my Wyze Plug failed to connect. Annoyed at this inconvenience, I went online and read through several user forums to find a solution.
I compiled everything I learned during my research into this guide so that you can fix your Wyze Plug if it is not connecting.
If your Wyze Plug is not connecting, check the power source, check for connectivity issues, and power cycle the Wyze Plug. If none of these work, factory reset your device.
Keep reading for instructions on how to execute each one of these troubleshooting steps.
Check the Power Source
The reason why your Wyze Plug is not connecting could be due to a faulty power source.
Before we try any other troubleshooting methods, it is vital that the power source is checked first.
If your Wyze Plug is plugged in with a proper power supply, the LED indicator will blink rapidly, indicating that the power supply is adequate and that the Plug is looking for a Wi-Fi network.
If you do not see a blinking LED indicator even after plugging in, try another power source that you know is functional.
Doing so could also help you resolve other Wyze Plug issues such as Wyze Plug blinking blue.
Check for Connectivity Issues
Most Wyze Plug connectivity issues are related to network status, strength, and frequency.
Start by checking if the network is functional. You do not want to troubleshoot your Wyze Plug for an hour just to realize that your network is not functional.
Simply connect another device to the network to check if the connection is proper and the internet is active.
in the wake of an unstable network connection, even other Wyze products such as Wyze Cam, too, can go offline.
The Wyze Plug is designed to be used on a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi frequency.
If your network is 5 GHz frequency, then the device will not be compatible with your network.
Most latest routers are dual-band. This means they support both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.
If you check the available Wi-Fi networks, you should be able to see two networks associated with your router.
Make sure you check and connect to the 2.4 GHz frequency band network and not the 5 GHz network.
You also need to ensure that the spot where you intend to plug the Wyze Plug has sufficient signal strength.
The Wi-Fi network needs to have proper signal strength for ideal connectivity.
You can check the speed of the network by employing a speed test widely available on the internet.
Make sure you do this check at the spot where you plan on plugging the Wyze Plug.
Power Cycle the Wyze Plug
If you have made sure that your network is sound and can positively rule out any issues with the power source, do a power cycle which will soft reset the device.
Most issues with electronic devices are solved with a simple power cycle. To do a power cycle of your Wyze Plug, do the following :
- Plug in your Wyze Plug to a power source
- Press and hold the power button on the side of the Wyze Plug till the LED indicator starts to flash blue.
- Once the indicator starts flashing blue, the device is ready to be set up to a Wi-Fi network.
Try to connect to your Wi-Fi network to check if a power cycle has resolved your connectivity issue.
Factory Reset the Wyze Plug
If you have tried all the troubleshooting methods outlined above, you might have to do a factory reset to solve your connectivity issue.
A factory reset of the Wyze Plug will remove the current network information stored in the device. A full reset needs to be done if you want to connect to a new network.
As with the plug, factory resetting Wyze cams can also resolve problems like Motion sensor issues on Wyze Cam.
To do a factory reset of the Wyze Plug, do the following :
- Go to 'Home' in the Wyze app and tap on the '+' plus sign on the top left.
- Tap on 'Add Device'.
- Tap 'Power & Lighting' and then select Wyze Plug.
- Plug the Wyze Plug into a power source. Make sure you have enabled Bluetooth on your phone.
- Press and hold the power button on the side of the device till the LED indicator starts flashing blue.
- Once it starts flashing blue, you can set up the Wyze Plug with the network via the Wyze app.
- Tap 'Next' in the Wyze app. Your Wyze App will set up the plug on its own. Make sure your phone is near the device.
- Once set up, select your network and enter the password. Tap 'Next'.
- If your plug was bought in 2021 or later, Bluetooth pairing will be completed automatically.
- Choose and enter a name for your Wyze Plug and tap 'Finish'.
- If you'd like to share your device, tap 'Share device'. If not, tap 'Maybe Later'.
You have successfully factory reset your Wyze Plug.
Contact Wyze support
If you are still having issues with your Wyze Plug, then you should submit an app log along with the app log ID for the Wyze support team to look into the issue and help you.
To do the same, follow the steps below :
- In the Wyze App, tap on Wyze Plug.
- Tap on the 'Settings' icon. Navigate to 'Wyze Support' and tap on 'Submit a log'.
- From the list of issues, tap on 'Connectivity Issues'.
- Fill out the necessary details and submit the app log.
- Here, you will be able to see the app log ID. Note down the ID, as the support team might require it at a later point.
The Wyze Support team is receptive to customer feedback and input. You should definitely reach out to the Wyze Team if you are having trouble resolving your connectivity issue.
Despite minor hiccups, the Wyze Plug remains a feature-rich and innovative product that is priced extremely competitively.
Using Wyze Plug, you can easily turn on/off and control lamps, fans, and other devices from the palm of your hand without the need for a hub.
You have quick controls on your Wyze app which lets you easily view daily and weekly run times and group multiple plugs together, controlling all of them with a single tap.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting methods in this article have helped resolved your Wyze Plug connectivity issue.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I dim my lamp using a Wyze Plug?
No, you cannot change the brightness of your lamp using Wyze Plug. You can only toggle between On and Off states. However, the Wyze Bulb is a good option if you want dimmable lights.
Can Wyze Plug report energy usage?
No, Wyze Plug is not capable of recording and reporting energy usage. However, it records the active run time (on/off time) for 24 hours and provides the average run time for the past week.
Can I connect a power strip or surge protector to the Wyze Plug?
Yes, you can connect a power strip or surge protector to the Wyze Plug which will turn on or off everything connected to it as it has only one outlet. However, you should remember that the maximum output that Wyze Plug supports is 15 Amp.
You May Also Enjoy Reading
- Wyze Events Disappeared: How to Fix 
- Wyze Cam Sound Issues: How To Fix 
- Wyze Cam Rules Not Working: How to Fix 
- Wyze Cam Pan Not Connecting: How To Fix