Wyze Cam may be known for their ground-breaking innovations in the field of AI detection, but Wyze does pride itself a great deal on its execution of Night Vision too.
Issues with Night Vision on Security Cams call for nothing new nowadays. But when such an issue pops up on a Smart monitoring cam like Wyze, there are quite a few fixes you should try before calling it quits.
Night Vision fails on Wyze Cams due to issues with the IR lights or physical damage done to the Cam. Check the Wyze Cam settings and ensure IR lights and Night Vision are enabled.
If your Wyze camera Night Vision is not working, perform a power cycle and update the Wyze cam. Check and enable night vision and IR lights on the Wyze cam. If none of these work, factory reset the Wyze cam. If the issue persists, consult an expert to check the device for any physical damage.
Here's a more comprehensive guide of troubleshooting tips you can try if your Wyze camera night vision is not working.
Perform a Power Cycle Test on Wyze Cam
As soon as things seem to fall apart with your electronic gadgets, resort to rebooting them first before rooting to do otherwise.
At times, a simple fix like restarting the device might be just enough for an issue that you might have mistaken to be Sisyphean.
With a system reboot, we strive to eradicate the many bugs and errors that may have taken home in the system. These bugs continue to haunt your device and cause problems if left unattended.
And this may precisely be the reason for Night Vision to fail on the Wyze Cam - Bugs!
A power cycle test might do wonders under the current circumstances.
It is also the best fix for a plethora of issues, including the infamous Wyze Cam stuck on 'Ready to Connect' and the Wyze cam not recording to SD cards.
Aside from rebooting the device, a power cycle test also drains the system of any pent-up static charges. Here's how to do so:
- Start the test by unplugging the Wyze Cam from power. Leave it idle for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Setup button for a couple of seconds. Repeat this step a few times.
- Plug back in the power supply and power ON the Cam. Check for the issue now.
You could also restart the Wyze Cam through the Wyze App. Follow these steps to do so:
1. Tap open the Livestream tab of your Wyze Cam.
2. Select the Restart option from the bottom of the tab.
Update Wyze Cam
Next up, update your Wyze Cam!
Operating on an outdated firmware version can and will lead to issues such as the infamous error code 42.
These issues result from bugs and errors that make their way into the device once they detect a vulnerability like an outdated firmware version.
And so, to fix such a vulnerability, better keep your device updated with the latest firmware versions.
Follow these steps on the Wyze App to update the firmware version:
1. Tap on the Account icon on your Wyze App home page.
2. Scroll to the Firmware Upgrade tab.
3. Click on the Update option next to your Wyze app tile.
Restart the Cam once the update completes. Check for the issue now.
Check the Wyze Cam Settings
Night Vision does require manual authorization to be turned ON (unless set to Auto).
On the contrary, if it doesn't work even when turned ON, you might want to take a look at one other feature.
As you may know, Night Vision does require IR lights to work in tandem to facilitate low-exposure event detection.
When Night Vision seems to fail on you, better check and ensure that both these features are enabled.
Let's look at these settings in detail, shall we?
Check and Enable Night Vision on Wyze Cam
One might expect Night Vision to kick in as soon as you turn OFF the lights in its vicinity or come nighttime.
While this might be true if you've enabled Auto Night Vision in the first place, you'll have to manually switch ON the feature otherwise.
And turning ON Night Vision isn't at all an arduous task.
Follow these steps to enable Night Vision on your Wyze Cam:
1. Open the Livestream tab of your Wyze Cam.
2. Tap on the Crescent Moon logo towards the top right of the live stream to cycle through various modes of Night Vision.
3. Make sure to choose the ON mode. (You can also choose Auto or OFF modes)
Wait for the Cam to adjust to your selection. Check for the issue now.
You could also change the Night Vision mode on your Wyze Cam by following these steps:
1. Open the Livestream tab of your Wyze Cam, and tap open the Settings icon.
2. Select the Advanced Settings option.
3. Under the Night Vision Mode section, choose ON.
Enable IR Lights
Even though Night Vision guarantees event detection even in complete darkness, the sensors do require a tad bit of illuminance to detect and capture footage.
IR lights accomplish this task - providing illumination for Night Vision.
One sign that indicates the absence of IR lights is when the Cam fails to distinguish between objects when Night Vision is enabled.
To check and enable IR lights on your Wyze Cam, follow these instructions on the Wyze App:
1. Tap open the Settings icon from the Livestream tab of your Wyze Cam.
2. Go to Advanced Settings.
3. Toggle ON the Night Vision IR lights option.
Exit the menu and restart your Wyze Cam. Check for the issue now.
The Wyze Cam V2 was the first device to feature Night Vision and IR Lights on a Wyze Cam. Prior to this, Wyze Cams didn't feature any such provision.
Factory Reset Wyze Cam
Hard Resetting a device generally means wiping the system clean of all the residual files other than the factory ones.
And so, you can get rid of all the bugs and errors causing issues on the device.
Factory resetting is generally considered to be the ultimate fix for most issues on a gadget.
But do remember that you'll lose all your personal preferences, schedules, and all custom AI Detection settings on the Wyze Cam in due process.
The process is also a tad bit time-consuming.
Follow these steps to Factory Reset Wyze Cam:
1. First, delete your Wyze Cam from the Wyze App.
2. Then, remove any installed SD card from the device.
3. Press and hold the Setup Button for about 15-20 seconds.
4. In about 20-40 seconds, the device will chime a tune to indicate the start of the reset.
5. Once the LEDs on the device turn Blue (Red on Wyze Cam V3), the reset is complete.
Reconfigure the device and check for the issue.
To delete the Wyze Cam from the Wyze App, follow these steps:
1. Open the Livestream tab of your Wyze Cam and tap open the Settings menu.
2. Select Device Settings and choose Delete Device.
3. Press Yes to confirm the selection.
Issues with a vital feature like Night Vision can always cause consternation to even the toughest of minds.
Fortunately, with Wyze Cams, there exist quite a few fixes to remedy this issue.
You might also consider moving the Cam to a more favorable position. Various indoor artifacts like shades and white walls can stir up the exposure detection on the Cam.
Hardware defects do call for professional help. Contact the customer services of Wyze for further assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is my Wyze camera not working at night?
If you can't see or capture footage at night on your Wyze Cam, make sure that Night Vision and IR lights are enabled on your Cam first. If you still experience the issue, check for damage on the camera. Perform a factory reset as a fix.
Why is my Wyze camera in black and white during the day?
In such situations, check and disable IR lights on your Wyze cam. IR lights prompt the device to detect and capture footage in monochrome.
Does WYZE Cam v3 have Night Vision?
Yes, Wyze Cam V3 does feature Night Vision along with a new and improved low-light vision feature.
The comments are closed.