Vizio TVs have always been my go-to. They are easy to use and provide fantastic picture quality, all at an affordable price. But what if the TV gets stuck on Demo Mode?
If your Vizio TV is stuck in demo mode, check your TV and remote for accidental button presses. Check for any hardware damage. Then, power cycle the TV. Make sure to disable ECO mode on the TV as well. If none of the other steps work, factory reset your Vizio TV.
Let's now take a gander at why Vizio TV gets stuck on Demo mode and the corresponding fixes:
|Causes and Fixes
|Vizio TV keeps going to Demo Mode
|Accidental button presses; check the TV and the Remote for uncalled-for button presses
|Vizio TV won't exit out of Demo Mode
|Software issue; power cycle the TV. Factory resetting the TV could also help
|Vizio TV glitch opens Demo Mode
|Check and disable ECO mode on TV
|Contact Vizio Customer support
Below, I've compiled a comprehensive list of the various fixes that will help you get your Vizio TV out of the Demo mode:
Check for Accidental Button Pushes
Most Vizio TV remotes come with dedicated buttons for different modes and functionalities. Accidental button presses can cause these modes to get activated.
If you are someone who uses your TV regularly, the chances of this happening are high.
Vizio TV remotes have very sensitive buttons and accidental button presses can trigger different modes if the buttons are left stuck for a while.
Make sure that there are no buttons pressed in or stuck in your TV remote. Also, ensure that there is no debris between the buttons.
Accidental button presses can also trigger numerous other issues like prompting the Vizio TV to turn OFF by itself after 3 seconds.
Tip: Try pressing every button in the remote to check for any stuck buttons.
Check for Hardware Damage on the TV
Hardware damage can cause your TV to malfunction. This may also lead to software glitches that may cause your TV to activate demo mode.
Inspect your TV for any possible issues. Check for broken cables, damaged ports, or loose connections that may cause problems during the normal working of the TV.
Replace broken cables with newer ones that are recommended by the manufacturers. Plug in any loose connections that you encounter.
Also, check for any visual damage on the outside of the TV.
If you find any such problems, we recommend you contact Vizio support or seek professional help for further help and repair.
Power Cycle Vizio TV
Power cycling your Vizio TV and the remote should be the first step to do if you encounter any such issues. It is easy to perform and provides a quick fix to most problems.
Power cycling in simple terms means restarting your device. Power cycling your TV and remote will help it reload its firmware, help clear any bugs or glitches, and obviate numerous other issues like Vizio TV stuck on logo, and Vizio Chromecast not working.
It is highly probable that the issue is caused due to a software glitch which can be easily cleared by power cycling your Vizio TV.
To power cycle your Vizio TV:
- Disconnect your TV from the wall socket or power outlet.
- Press and hold the power button on your TV for at least 15 seconds. This will help discharge the capacitors and clear off any residual charges.
- If you can’t find the power button, just leave the TV unplugged for a minute.
- Plug the TV back into the wall socket and power on your TV.
Once the TV finishes rebooting, check if you are able to use the TV as normal again.
Factory Reset Vizio TV
If none of the above steps work, you can try factory resetting your remote and your TV.
Factory resetting your TV will help resolve all the software problems including being stuck in demo mode.
Factory resetting your Vizio TV will clear all of its saved data and settings including your apps and saved WiFi credentials. The device will be reset to its factory settings and you will have to set up the device as new again.
Make sure to note down your saved settings before factory resetting your TV.
It is easier to reset your TV using the remote from the menu. That being said, there are also other ways for you to reset your TV.
To reset your Vizio TV using the remote:
1. Press the Menu button on the remote.
2. Navigate to the System or Settings option.
3. Here find the Reset & Admin option. (This may be named differently such as “Reset to factory Settings” or others based on your model of TV)
If prompted, enter your Parental control pin. If you have never used this option, enter the default pin of 0000
4. Select Reset TV to initiate the process.
Wait till the TV reset and check for the issue now.
If for some reason, you are not able to use the remote to access the menu then you can follow this other method.
If your Vizio TV has an input button, volume up and down button then follow the steps down below to factory reset your TV.
To factory reset your Vizio TV:
- Turn on your TV by plugging in or by pressing the power button on the back of the device.
- Press and hold the Input button and Volume down button simultaneously for 15 seconds.
- When prompted, press and hold the Input button for 10 seconds.
If everything goes well then you should see the message: “Memory is being cleared. The device will reset shortly”.
Check and Exit Out of ECO Mode on Vizio
Several factors may contribute to your Vizio TV being stuck in demo mode. This might be due to an incomplete or improper setup, a firmware update, or even a technical glitch.
Being stuck in demo mode may render your TV remote unresponsive, preventing you from accessing the menu for a change of TV mode or for the reset process.
Different users have reported the same issue and one popular way to regain control of the remote and overcome the demo mode issue is by exiting the ECO mode on your Vizio TV.
To check and exit out of ECO mode while the TV is in demo mode:
1. First, try power cycling and factory resetting your TV by following the steps mentioned under the Factory reset your Vizio TV section of the article.
2. Once rebooted, if your TV is still in the Demo mode, press and hold the Mute button to regain control of your remote and get it working again
3. If your TV goes blank, press any other button. Your TV might still be in Demo mode but your remote should be completely working now
4. Use the remote to navigate to the Menu
5. Navigate to the Power mode option
6. Here, change the mode from ECO to Quick Start (changing the picture mode to standard might also help)
7. Power cycle your Vizio TV
Your TV should be out of Demo mode now.
Exiting out of ECO mode is also known to obviate other critical issues like Vizio SoundBar keeps turning OFF.
Contact Vizio Customer Services
If your Vizio TV is still stuck in demo mode then we suggest you contact Vizio customer care either by calling them or through the website.
The Vizio representatives will help provide more technical insight into your problem and help resolve the issue.
The Vizio customer care will get back to you once they have received your request.
Carefully follow the steps provided by the Vizio representatives to troubleshoot the issue.
In case Vizio customer care is not able to solve the issue, we suggest you take the TV to the nearest Vizio service center.
It is possible that the TV may have manufacturing defects which can be solved by the service center executives.
If your TV is still under the warranty period then you can request a free repair or replacement.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How can I disable demo mode on my Vizio TV?
To disable demo mode, you can access the TV's menu using the remote control, navigate to the settings or options menu, and look for the demo mode settings. From there, you can disable or turn off the demo mode option
What is Vizio TV demo mode?
Demo mode also known as store mode or showroom mode is used by retail stores to depict various features and functionalities of the TV and provide a more visually appealing experience to the customers.
Can I use my smartphone as the remote for my Vizio TV?
Yes, you can use your smartphone as the remote for your Vizio TV by downloading the Vizio SmartCast app from the Play Store or App Store. Note that this feature is not supported on all Vizio TV models.
You May Also Enjoy Reading
- Vizio TV Stuck On Wide Mode: How To Fix 
- Vizio TV Stuck On Downloading Updates: How To Fix 
- Vizio TV Stuck on Smartcast: How to Fix 
- Best Audio Settings for Vizio TV: Improve Audio Quality!
- Vizio Remote Blinking Red Light: Try this Fix 
- Vizio Remote Not Working: How to Fix 
- Vizio Satellite Speakers Not Working: How to Fix