Have you come across a situation where you want to reset your Vizio TV as a part of the troubleshooting process? Are you wondering if Vizio TVs have a reset button?
Vizio TVs do not have a reset button. However, there are ways to quickly reset your Vizio TV using other buttons on your TV and using your Vizio Remote controller.
Before actually resetting your Vizio TV, you should know what a reset will do to your Vizio TV.
Factory resetting is an effective way to solve issues and bugs with your Vizio TV. However, in doing so, you will be reverting any changes in settings you have made during the initial setup.
In addition, any data you have entered will need to be re-entered and the changes re-made.
Keep reading for instructions on how to reset your Vizio TV with buttons and the controller.
Resetting Using Buttons on the Vizio TV
You can reset your Vizio TV using the buttons. Depending on the model of your Vizio TV, the buttons on the back could be on the left, right, or under the TV.
The buttons required to reset a Vizio TV are the Power button, Volume up/down button, and Input/Source button.
To reset your Vizio TV using the buttons, follow the instructions below:
- Turn your Vizio TV on.
- Press and hold the volume button and the input button together for around 5 seconds.
- There should be a prompt on your screen asking you to press the 'Input button' for 10 seconds if you want to reset your TV to default.
- Proceed to press and hold the 'Input button' for 10 seconds once you see the prompt on the screen.
- There should be a prompt on the screen informing you that the memory is being cleared and the display will reset shortly.
- The TV will boot and power back up. This will take about a minute to complete.
- Once boot up is complete, configure your Vizio TV from language selection onwards.
Resetting using the VIZIO remote controller
To reset your Vizio TV using the Vizio Remote controller, follow the instructions below:
- Press the 'MENU' button on the Vizio Remote controller
- Choose 'Settings' using the Arrow keys to navigate. Press 'OK' to select the highlighted item.
- Choose 'Reset & Admin' and press 'OK'.
- Choose 'Reset TV to Factory Defaults' and press 'OK'.
- You might be prompted for a parental code at this point. If you have not manually set a code for your Vizio TV, the default is 0000.
- Finally, choose 'Reset' and press 'OK'
- Wait for your Vizio TV to turn off on its own.
- Once the TV turns back on, the reset process will be underway.
Related: How to Program VIZIO Remote: The Easy Method
The Vizio TVs are well-priced and offer great picture quality. However, there have been reports of laggy OS and bugs plaguing the Vizio devices.
The fact that there is no dedicated reset button can be overlooked as there are multiple other ways you can reset your Vizio TV.
There is a vibrant Vizio user community as well who help the Vizio team in identifying bugs and other issues with their OS.
Hopefully, the methods above for resetting the Vizio TV can get you on your way in troubleshooting issues of your Vizio TV.
Have a good day!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why can't I cast to my VIZIO Smart TV?
If you cannot seem to cast to your Vizio Smart TV, try rebooting the TV and your device. You should also power cycle the network. To do this, unplug the router power cord for a few seconds and reconnect the cord to restore power.
What is the V button on my Vizio remote?
The V button on your Vizio Remote Controller can be used to launch VIZIO Internet Apps or other multimedia functions.
Can I connect my phone to my VIZIO TV without WiFi?
Yes, you can connect Vizio TV to your phone using Bluetooth. To connect your phone to your Vizio TV without using a Wi-Fi connection, turn on Bluetooth on your device and put your phone near the TV. Once you have successfully paired your phone with the TV, you can initiate casting your favorite content.
The comments are closed.